Situated in Saddleworth, nestled in the foothills of the Pennines above Diggle, Craven Cottage offers boutique style accommodation, with great attention to detail for maximum comfort. This tranquil remote retreat is ideally located to enjoy the unrivaled views looking towards the Peak District. Only a short walk away from the Pennine Way with easy access to the quaint Saddleworth Villages and equidistant from the cosmopolitan cities of Manchester and Leeds, both being only 40 minutes drive away (quicker on the train) – this is your perfect relaxing holiday stop!
The Cottage has it’s own private gated entrance and garden, giving you space to make yourself at home and put your feet up without feeling you are encroaching on someone else’s area.
- One night bookings available at a supplementary price – cheaper for multiple nights
- Private patio with table and chairs plus gas BBQ
- Dog and child friendly
- Secure dog field available for hire within walking distance – bookings via www.mydogfield.co.uk
- Sleeps up to 4
- Comfy king size bed with luxury linen in a spacious separate bedroom, with ample storage
- State of the art Natuzzi Italian double sofa bed in the lounge area
- Italian tiled fitted bathroom with shower and towels
- Complementary toiletries / hair dryer / makeup magnifying mirror
- Flat screen 32″ TV in both the lounge and bedroom
- Comfortable seating with reading lamps
- Fully fitted kitchen with everything you need – even down to tin foil and cling film
- Oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer
- The cottage has a spring water supply
- Free WiFi
- Idyllic walking along local canals, footpaths and designated trails
- Secure bike storage
- Nearby villages with country pub, restaurants, wine bars and cafes
- Secure helipad with infrared CCTV
- Better than home experience!
- 24/7 contact for any queries relating to your accommodation
A small selection of our fabulous reviews!
GORGEOUS! A beautiful home, real attention to detail & had everything we needed for a lovely home away from home feel! The views were gorgeous & we loved every minute, would 100% recommend and come back! Thank you x
The cottage exceeded my expectations, it was exactly what I was hoping for when I booked it. The scenery and views are amazing and the cottage is decorated to a very high standard. It rained for most of our stay but that didn’t matter, it was just such a lovely place to be. Owner’s were lovely, was nice to know they were there if we needed anything but weren’t intrusive. I was worried with COVID about cleanliness etc. but I had nothing to worry about it. Would definitely like to stay again.
Nothing negative, we were really happy with everything. Can’t fault it.
Craven Cottage is an absolutely idyllic retreat – it was immaculately clean and stylish with beautiful views. We loved relaxing here and would definitely come back again. It was also a really good base to explore the amazing surroundings.
The cottage is beautiful and very stylish. It’s in a very scenic location and the place was very clean. The hosts were communicative and very helpful. The local town of Uppermill was very nice with good restaurants. We would definitely recommend and stay here again.
This is a wonderful holiday cottage. The hosts are very considerate and very helpful with local tips and recommendations. The cottage was absolutely spotless on arrival, and the facilities are thoughtful and high-spec. We travelled with our two dogs who found the place very comfortable and with extra touches for them such as dog bowls, spare poop bags and towels to dry their feet. We would thoroughly recommend this cottage and thanks to Charlotte, Julia and Chris.